Thursday, April 28, 2011

Are you ready?

Are you ready?  That's the question I've been hearing a lot this week.  Well, the
answers are yes, yes, and yes.

Training   One of the reasons for riding this early in the season is to get a jump on training.  With a few nudges from Ed Gin and some tech clothing that allows riding in cooler weather, I was able to start riding out of doors regularly during March.  Unfortunately, I've had to keep the gear on thru today, except for a couple of rare "seasonable" days.  Last year I rode 4,000 miles; this year, 2,000 so far.  Despite the training schedule calling for 4,200 miles over the last six months, I'm ready.


Music  When planning for this ride, it occured to me thre may be music opportunities.  So I acquired cd's of Zydeco, Cajun and southern Louisiana Blues to get in the mood for the ride.  Its been a great musical journey.  I will be listening on the drive to Houston as well.  I've thrown some jazz into the playlist as well.  And Johnny Cash "American" II, III and IV.  Lucky Old Sun by Louis Armstong and by Johnny Cash.  Hint of a theme.  Ready.

Food  What's a trip to Louisiana without cajun food.  Lots of dining opportunities.  But first a stop in Memphis at the Interstate Bar-B-Que for baby backs.  I'm ready to enjoy.  Anyone else hungry?

Send me your comments.  I'll post the best ones.   Look for the food review tomorrow and succeeding days.

It's all about e bike...and everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment